Author Topic: Overlanding the Plains  (Read 189 times)

OKT4RCPL

• View Profile
Overlanding the Plains
« on: June 27, 2017, 09:45:40 AM »
So I am new to overlanding. Not new to the outdoors growing up in Oklahoma/Kansas. Spent 20 years in the Navy and happily retired. Why does it seem like there is a lack of trails here? Ive read about HWM trail and if its under water or not. We have Disney off road park and the Oklahoma Adventure trail. Im looking forward to the Rendezvous in the Ozarks come October. It seems like we lack places to explore in a vehicle here. Am I looking in the wrong places? Am I the only one that feels like we are limited here? Perhaps this will spark some action on the forum. 

OKT4RCPL

• View Profile
Re: Overlanding the Plains
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 09:48:27 AM »
And another thing...not everyone has facebook or want to deal with facebook.

OKT4RCPL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 03:13:14 PM »
Bueller Bueller Bueller

Whtshos

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 04:58:03 PM »
BLM is not such a thing down here as it farther north.  The lower it seems to be in elevation, the more it gets bought up and restricted from public.  There are plenty of places to go and beautiful things to see, it just requires a different view point and mindset. Don't look for challenging "trail", just search for public roads that take you through great areas.  There are a few of us that build and share our routes.  Others get a little anxious when asked for them ( I was one of the latter ).
For example, I know of over 500 miles being shared right here in the group in the Ozarks. My wife and I have been outdoors over 86 night this year already.. lots to see!!!
Being a kid again is fun!!