Author Topic: New Member from Central AR  (Read 769 times)

Zheking

• View Profile
New Member from Central AR
« on: February 14, 2017, 03:59:00 PM »
stumbled across this website when looking for arkansas overland / wheeler groups. can't seem to find any except a group that does nothing but promote the hot springs 4 x 4 park. Would rather not pay when there have to be places in the 2 NF we have here that are free.

Anyways, I have a '12 Xterra. If anyone plans on doing anything around AR / OK/ West TN / South MO PM me. I will try to post when I plan on going out exploring so as I'm not going alone, that doesn't seem wise.
2012 Xterra

arveetek

• View Profile
Re: New Member from Central AR
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 09:06:02 AM »
Welcome!

Unfortunately, this forum is just about dead.  I would recommend looking at the following Facebook Groups that are active in NW Arkansas:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/aroverlandcamping/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/467011370175017/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ChristianCrawlers4X4Club/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/christianfamilyexpeditions/

Of course, Expedition Portal still seems to be quite active, just not local.

Casey
1995 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbo diesel, 4L80E auto, NV241, 3.42's, Eaton ADL in rear, 285/75R16 BFG TA K02's on Toyota steelies, Roadmaster Active Suspension in rear, 1" crank in front, Westin brush guard

Zheking

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 09:12:13 AM »
Thanks. I somewhat gathered that. I found the Christian Crawlers before and that was about it (other htan the hot springs park promoting "club").
2012 Xterra

mudmud

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 08:43:20 PM »
I'm in NWA and would LOVE to meet up and head out some time. I'm brand new to this all too, and don't have any buddies to go out with, so we take it easy right now but we've still found some fun trails. I'd love to get together sometime so I could go on some more technical trails! Hit me up via PM here if you ever want to head out.

Trailfrog

• View Profile
    • Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 03:31:47 PM »
I'm in NWA and would LOVE to meet up and head out some time. I'm brand new to this all too, and don't have any buddies to go out with, so we take it easy right now but we've still found some fun trails. I'd love to get together sometime so I could go on some more technical trails! Hit me up via PM here if you ever want to head out.
Check out a new group I have started. Natural State Overland. While we are currently focused on planning an Expo type event in the fall we will be planning some trips as well in the future. Check out our Facebook page or our website at www.naturalstateoverland.org
2008 Jeep JK Unlimited, 3.25" Rough Country lift,  Rocky Road Supersliders, 35" Toyo OC MT's on Black Rock Viper wheels, Rubicon Dana 44 axles with factory e-lockers, 5.13 gears, AEV Tire Carrier, Rugged Ridge Snorkel, Smittybilt front bumper with 10,000lb winch, AEV fuel carrier,and Edgestar fridge

roadsterboy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 02:50:32 PM »
Im new to this type of recreational activity as well. I am on the look out for a local group that goes on trips explorering, so far I have come up empty handed. I know about the Hot Springs park and have been a couple of times with my sxs but I am wanting to explorer other areas of the state.

I tried to go naturalstateoverland.org and the site does not load. Is this a new site that has not been loaded yet? or is it down?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 02:52:33 PM by roadsterboy »

SWMORNNR

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2017, 10:54:31 AM »
Im new to this type of recreational activity as well. I am on the look out for a local group that goes on trips explorering, so far I have come up empty handed. I know about the Hot Springs park and have been a couple of times with my sxs but I am wanting to explorer other areas of the state.

I tried to go naturalstateoverland.org and the site does not load. Is this a new site that has not been loaded yet? or is it down?

@mudmud I am in SWMO and am one that likes to try to find new places as well. Me and some friends of mine try to go out every other weekend or so. Have you guys looked into the Ozark Off Road Club? They do quite a bit in the 4 state area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk