Author Topic: This place has been quiet  (Read 455 times)

Vandy

• View Profile
This place has been quiet
« on: February 02, 2017, 07:07:14 PM »
Almost too quiet..What's been going on fellas?   Any new builds? Trip plans etc?

I havnt had any build changes on mine yet, but I did get a new hood/bumper/fender from toyota.  They pulled my truck into a work Bay and smashed it into a lift :'(

My son and I are planning a 2 week trip this summer out to Big Bear lake CA.  Should get some decent wheeling/exploring done while we are there.

Anyway this cold is getting to me.   I'm ready to get out and explore a little.

What have yall been up to/planning?   And Ozarks trips in the works?
Vandy

EJ

• View Profile
Re: This place has been quiet
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 08:15:51 AM »
Man I keep clicking in here to see if anybody is planning something soon. I love some cool weather camping.

Just did a 5 day trip with the family (and new dog) to north Georgia for Country Fried Weekend. Pretty awesome time catching up with some old buds and wheeling in an old mountain top drive thru safari.

Got a Shrockworks rear bumper after a pretty easy two month wait. It sits 2" higher than the stock rear and tow bar so I'm pretty stoked on that.
2005 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4x4 Crew Cab: Full OME suspension, 32" Kenda MT's, ARB bullbar bumper, P&P rock sliders, snorkel, softopper .

foo.c

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 08:32:58 AM »
Yeah, I haven't been on an adventure in a while.

I'm planning a trip to Colorado this summer. I want to do the Alpine Loop and go up all those high passes and mountain roads. We probably won't be camping though.

Also thinking about a return trip to Big Bend this fall/winter.

arveetek

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 02:41:50 PM »
I think this forum is about dead.  Jayston has been focusing on the Overland Challenge series that he does twice a year, and has not been doing any guided trips.  It seems that a lot of other forums have died out as well.  I think a lot of folks have moved to Facebook to find trips, events, etc.  My club's website, the Christian Crawlers, has pretty much dried up, as everyone is using the club's FB page to communicate.

Casey
1995 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbo diesel, 4L80E auto, NV241, 3.42's, Eaton ADL in rear, 285/75R16 BFG TA K02's on Toyota steelies, Roadmaster Active Suspension in rear, 1" crank in front, Westin brush guard

arveetek

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 02:44:55 PM »
Here's a few Facebook groups that are active in the Arkansas area:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/aroverlandcamping/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/467011370175017/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ChristianCrawlers4X4Club/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/christianfamilyexpeditions/

Of course, Expedition Portal still seems to be quite active, just not local.

Casey
1995 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbo diesel, 4L80E auto, NV241, 3.42's, Eaton ADL in rear, 285/75R16 BFG TA K02's on Toyota steelies, Roadmaster Active Suspension in rear, 1" crank in front, Westin brush guard

Whtshos

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 04:49:57 PM »
FB has become the instant fix for a lot of junkies. I prefer to read through the archives. So much good information is lost in the swamps of FB.  It is the new runner, but I guess I'm just OLD?!?!?!?!
I say this as an admin of a 2600+ closed group. 
Being a kid again is fun!!

OKT4RCPL

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2017, 11:27:30 AM »
FB is the new place but I dont FB unless it involves me throwing a book at someones face  :D :D I check in here from time to time and the OverlandBound forum see whats happening if the rain ever quits I would love to get out and venture more but its all I can handle keeping the cows dry now

anything