Author Topic: Kenda Klever MT word of advice  (Read 377 times)

promodmerc

• View Profile
Kenda Klever MT word of advice
« on: November 12, 2016, 05:42:16 PM »
Just a word of advice if you have a very short wheel base/light vehicle, (Tracker/ Sidekick etc) I  advise not using the Kenda Klever MT.

The reason being, these tires are hard and will give a rough ride and vibration. I've had the balance checked, and I have played all around with different tire pressures and nothing has helped. At 55 MPH to 70 MPH all my mirrors shake to the point I can't make out what is behind me.

I put a set of 30x9.5x15's on my 2002 KIA Sportage back in June of this year. I had read several reviews from several sources before purchasing them, and they averaged 85-90% for being a good tire for the money (which they are). The problem was no one had ran them on a very short wheelbase vehicle.

I'm at a loss as I can't justify buying a new set of tires but I' cant stand the vibration.

arveetek

• View Profile
Re: Kenda Klever MT word of advice
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 10:28:28 AM »
I'm sorry you're having a tough time with your tires.  I could see how that would be a problem.  I had those tires on my Tahoe, but it's a heavy, 1/2 ton diesel.  They weren't bad unless I tried to drive above 70mph.  They are definitely a stiff tire.  In fact, my local tire shop had a very hard time dismounting the tires from the wheels when I replaced them recently (the BFG's slipped right on!  Is that good or bad?).  I got about 38K miles out of the M/T's, but decided to go back with a smoother, quieter A/T.

Casey
1995 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbo diesel, 4L80E auto, NV241, 3.42's, Eaton ADL in rear, 285/75R16 BFG TA K02's on Toyota steelies, Roadmaster Active Suspension in rear, 1" crank in front, Westin brush guard

promodmerc

• View Profile
Re: Kenda Klever MT word of advice
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 10:42:19 PM »
I read your thread, I was going to post about my experience in your thread, but figured it would be better to start a new thread.

I'm getting a set of Firestone Destination AT's here shortly. I have someone interested in my Kenda's on another forum so it won't be a complete loss.

Prior to my lifting my Sportage back in June, I had a set of  215/75/15 Firestone Destination LE's that I got five & a half years out of.

anything