Author Topic: back and with a new toy.  (Read 601 times)

Rooster

• View Profile
back and with a new toy.
« on: July 04, 2016, 10:15:13 PM »

Soooo how's it going, it's been a while. Hope you all are well. I used to drive a 00 Isuzu vehicross. But it's time had come, put nearly 50k miles on it and it proved to be reliable and extremely capable, just didn't have the room I needed. Also I wanted to add a rig to the stable which allowed for me to tow some things from time to time.

Did a bunch of research, really broke down the pros and cons of what I wanted in a vehicle and came across this. A 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD with quadradrive 2. Found this one in Nebraska on autotrader and jumped on it. Drove it back down Sunday.

So faR I swapped my Yakima load warrior over to it, and installed a scan guage II. I'm not going to tow anything with an auto and not know the trans temp. Kind of a bonus I get to see my egt, iat, and boost as well. Few other ones on there I might play with too, neat tool.

Plans are small now: green diesel tune, rocky-road 2.25" lift (going on Thursday evening) and a set of jk rubicon take off wheels/tires. 32s will suit me for most of what I need for the moment. Few skids and rock rails in near future.

When someone gets a behind bumper which mount done that plays nice with the intercooler I'll do that as well.

Anyways looking forward to getting it out and getting it dirty.
07 Jeep Wk CRD.

Trailfrog

• View Profile
    • Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club
Re: back and with a new toy.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 03:45:16 AM »
Wow! Nice looking trail rig! Look forward to seeing you on the trails soon.
2008 Jeep JK Unlimited, 3.25" Rough Country lift,  Rocky Road Supersliders, 35" Toyo OC MT's on Black Rock Viper wheels, Rubicon Dana 44 axles with factory e-lockers, 5.13 gears, AEV Tire Carrier, Rugged Ridge Snorkel, Smittybilt front bumper with 10,000lb winch, AEV fuel carrier,and Edgestar fridge

Rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 09:45:31 PM »
You too Randy. We need an NWA meet up soon. Got my lift and wheels/tires on. Looks way less soccer mom.

07 Jeep Wk CRD.

W00K

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 12:52:08 PM »
Rig looks great man! I'm down for a meet up, and trail run sometime soon.
Team: Truck Dynasty

Whtshos

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 11:19:28 AM »
The WK looks good!!! Not many CDR's, nice find.
Being a kid again is fun!!

CARiD

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 03:47:37 AM »
This 2.25" lift looks very good on the GC. I'd also put a set some black steel off-road wheels or some alloy rims with beadlocks like this to top it off.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 03:32:06 AM by CARiD »