Author Topic: Some yuppie camping  (Read 368 times)

Vandy

• View Profile
Some yuppie camping
« on: June 27, 2016, 01:37:58 PM »
Finally took some time off work.  My boy turns 5 in a few days and wanted to go camping.  Problem is he has really bad eczema so the heat this time of the year plays hell on him.  So we got a cabin out in broken bow/beavers bend area.   Hopefully getting the wife 4runner out for some fun.  We are off a washed out dirt "road" now and have about pulled the inner fender off with her mall crawler tires.   Guess next is some more lift and wheel spacers.   Anyway it's a nice area of the world out here.  I've never been down here

Not exactly camping BUT I do have my wife out of her comfort zone for the 1st time in 12 years of marriage  (no 711 or walmart within walking distance) and she's been talked into going to rent some canoes assuming the weather holds off.   It's a start

« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 01:40:20 PM by Vandy »

Vandy

• View Profile
Re: Some yuppie camping
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 07:43:09 PM »
Went out and did some exploring today.  Nothing crazy but had the wife scared.  Didn't help as soon as we got out it started raining like crazy.  Got out to check this puddle.  Didn't want to get into anything too risky alone with her.  So I hopped out to see how far it went and how deep.  The t4r did great for what we did.  I did some adjusting on the inner fender before we left and I never felt her drag.
Did have one strange thing.  Drove past a flannel shirt in the road with 4 empty red bull cans.  Could swear something was thrown at us when we drove by.   Oh well. It was a good time

tchughes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 09:54:23 PM »
Great looking 4R. Hope your son had a good time.

forunnin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 10:37:51 AM »
MAN that is a good looking 4runner!!!  And yeah man, they aren't kidding about the Bigfoot thing... just look around on YouTube. That area is HOT with "bigfoot activity". lol  It was probably a bigfoot that threw something at your car, he was probably hyped up on that redbull and feeling a little froggy! hahaha

Vandy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 08:22:34 AM »
Thank you sir.  I like it.  After driving it for a 11 days and several hundred miles, it was hard going back to the tacoma.

Yeah they don't play with their bigfoot stuff down there.  I want to take a trip out on the k trail to the fire tower for an over night.  I've read the eastern half is pretty overgrown and will pinstripe the crap out of your truck though