Author Topic: 2015 Frontier Pro-4X  (Read 1240 times)

ludeykrus

• View Profile
2015 Frontier Pro-4X
« on: January 27, 2016, 05:50:48 PM »
Howdy all,

Been trying to be more active here lately, thought I'd post up my schtuff.I've been rolling around the National Forests the past ~4 years in my '99 F250, which I kept simple. Camper shell, platform rear, 63 qt Edgestar fridge, 33" mud terrains, front receiver, and hitch-cradle for a 12k winch for front and rear use. Oh yeah, and electronic gidgets and gadgets and gizmos to bring it out of the mule-drawn carriage era:

Sadly, it was falling apart on me and I had to have a more reliable vehicle for work. So the War Wagon was traded in for a 2015 Frontier Pro-4X:

I'm still up in the air on what direction this will be taking, so mods so far have been restricted to kayak holders for the roof rack. I don't think I'll be charging through the sticks in this one, so I'll likely keep it mild. Long term, I may step up to 255/85-16 M/Ts, a softshell camper, and I'm debating on recovery options. I still have my winch in the garage, and would still like a front-and-rear option, but the Curt receivers decrease front clearance a good bit. Don't want to go full-on bumpers, though. We'll see. If you see me on the trails, feel free to give me a yell!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 05:54:15 PM by ludeykrus »

Jayston

• Follow Me,
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Frontier Pro-4X
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 09:26:46 PM »
Howdy! Big difference in size! You'll love the capability of the Pro-4x. My advice is to water-proof the connectors in the engine bay with a focus of those that are crucial to engine management. Oil pressure, temperature, etc.

Vandy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 10:53:56 PM »
Good looking pro4x!  There is an electric blue one at my work.  I drool over it every time I see it. I dig the lines on it.  Definitely a change going from the beast to a midsize.  I just made the same jump.  Takes some getting use to. 

Congrats.  I doubt you will be disappointed

EJ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 07:51:05 AM »
Good looking truck, it's awesome to see another Frontier on here!
2005 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4x4 Crew Cab: Full OME suspension, 32" Kenda MT's, ARB bullbar bumper, P&P rock sliders, snorkel, softopper .

ludeykrus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 07:53:27 AM »
Thanks guys, I do still find myself occasionally hugging the left side of the road too much! But parking' much easier now :-)

Sounds like a plan Jayston, I'll take a look into that. Also planning on running the axle vents up high as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

forunnin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2016, 10:53:33 AM »
Nice truck!  Welcome!

Texploration

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2016, 10:42:11 PM »
Thanks guys, I do still find myself occasionally hugging the left side of the road too much! But parking' much easier now :-)

Sounds like a plan Jayston, I'll take a look into that. Also planning on running the axle vents up high as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a friend that had one of those for awhile. It surprised me on quite a few goat paths he followed me down. What kind of mount did you use for the tablet? I am very intrigued in getting a similar setup going pretty soon.

ludeykrus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2016, 10:19:35 AM »
Nice truck!  Welcome!

Thanks bud

I have a friend that had one of those for awhile. It surprised me on quite a few goat paths he followed me down. What kind of mount did you use for the tablet? I am very intrigued in getting a similar setup going pretty soon.

I used this:

http://www.amazon.com/ChargerCity-Flexible-Aluminum-Gooseneck-Extension/dp/B007283EZQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1461079065&sr=8-1&keywords=ChargerCity+Flexible+20-Inch+Aluminum+Gooseneck+Car+Seat+Floor+Bolt+Tablet+Mount+for+all+7-12+Inch+Screen+Tablets+Bundle+with+10+feet+USB+Extension+Cable

Cheaper end of things and it worked pretty well; fit my iPad Air in an Otterbox no prob. It would wobble just a bit when going over washboards or quick bumpy roads, but worked well otherwise. I got spoiled having MotionX's topo maps offline.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 10:22:46 AM by ludeykrus »