Author Topic: High Water Mark: April 29th-May 1st  (Read 5728 times)

sammyt08fj

• View Profile
Re: High Water Mark: April 29th-May 1st
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2016, 05:56:38 AM »
Is anyone else camping Thursday night? I'm driving down from KC on Thursday. And how far are we planning to travel on the trail?

We are driving down from Ashland, MO on Thursday night as well.  We got a hotel in Harrison AR and then drive 2 hours in the am to TBD meeting spot by Dover
1996 LX450 35's/Tripple Locked/Sliders/Custom Belly Skid/MetalTech Front Bumper/3.5 Inch Lift/1 Inch Body Lift/

Jayston

• Follow Me,
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2016, 07:32:27 PM »
Everyone who was planning on attending has been messaged. I have had some issues come up that would make it detrimental to be away from home on this weekend. I am terribly sorry about having to cancel the trip.

Whtshos

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2016, 10:46:42 PM »
Hope everything is OK sir!! 
Being a kid again is fun!!

ElRob

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2016, 01:37:55 PM »
For anyone that is around the area, I will be around Fayetteville tonight, and then traveling south toward my magazine tomorrow morning. No real agenda other than to be outside!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Berserker

• View Profile
    • Berserker Offroad
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2016, 01:55:39 PM »
Is there any chance this could be rescheduled? I was looking forward to hitting the trail with you guys. Did any of you end of going this weekend? How much water did there end up being?
'13 JKU Rubicon | 34x10.5r17 BFG KO2's

Vandy

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2016, 02:57:44 PM »
I'd imagine if anyone went this weekend they ran into a LOT of water/mud.  It's been pretty wet lately

ElRob

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2016, 04:59:06 PM »
I ended up driving to fayetteville Friday and back down to camp at Devils Den. Spent the morning on some trails around there and didnt run into any traffic.
I then headed east and routed my way along as many dirt roads as I could find to Oark. Ill have to go back and look at my gps, but I found some great roads/trails that had some water but nothing impassable. NF 78 was one that ended up being reasonably technical but not due to water crossing.
I ended up traveling south to Mt Magazine where several of the crossings were chest deep and impassable due to current, let alone depth.
The rain last weekend made the temps perfect and the scenery beautiful. My only regret was not staying longer.
I also wish the trip would have made because some of the water crossings would have been memorable.

Berserker

• View Profile
    • Berserker Offroad
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2016, 10:39:26 PM »
I ended up driving to fayetteville Friday and back down to camp at Devils Den. Spent the morning on some trails around there and didnt run into any traffic.
I then headed east and routed my way along as many dirt roads as I could find to Oark. Ill have to go back and look at my gps, but I found some great roads/trails that had some water but nothing impassable. NF 78 was one that ended up being reasonably technical but not due to water crossing.
I ended up traveling south to Mt Magazine where several of the crossings were chest deep and impassable due to current, let alone depth.
The rain last weekend made the temps perfect and the scenery beautiful. My only regret was not staying longer.
I also wish the trip would have made because some of the water crossings would have been memorable.

Thanks for the trip report. Sounds like you had a great weekend. Do you have any pics to share?
'13 JKU Rubicon | 34x10.5r17 BFG KO2's

ElRob

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2016, 04:13:35 PM »
Here are a few. Throughout the weekend.

Stepped out the truck to use the bathroom and immediately saw this track. Couldn't have been very old because the rain had only stopped a short time before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sammyt08fj

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2016, 10:03:25 AM »
Any advise on the status of the trail with all the rain. I group of us was going to run the original trail starting in Jerusalem next week on Thursday. We are trying to make a decision if it's going to be a mud fest and impassible river crossings or doable. Any advise would be appreciate it.  All of us will be runing landcruisers on 35's and dorkels
1996 LX450 35's/Tripple Locked/Sliders/Custom Belly Skid/MetalTech Front Bumper/3.5 Inch Lift/1 Inch Body Lift/