Author Topic: High Water Mark: April 29th-May 1st  (Read 5730 times)

Jayston

• Follow Me,
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
High Water Mark: April 29th-May 1st
« on: January 03, 2016, 11:24:03 AM »
After much consideration and more peer pressure than I've received in my entire life, I've finally been pressured into running some more trips.

This will be a Friday-Sunday trip, starting Friday morning and lasting until Sunday around lunch.

Quick info:
Dates: 9AM Friday, April 29th - 12PM Sunday, May 1st.
Starting location: Near Dover, AR
Ending location: Near St. Joe, AR
Trip Adventure: A scenic venture through the Ozark Mountains of Central and Northwest Arkansas. Experience sweeping vistas, pin-striping, cozy campfires, delightful brand *cough*comparisons*cough*, and some terrain worthy of national recognition. We will cross the Buffalo river at Woolum, pending water levels.
Route Difficulty: Hard with difficulty based on current water levels. A good driver can do it with a moderately modified vehicle and good tires. (We always recommend extending breathers and a set of sliders)
Tightness: Its Arkansas. Trails will be tight and pinstripes will be common. That said, this route will be focused on some of the best trail and water we have in the Natural state. Be prepared.
Vehicle Requirements: Frame mounted recovery points. 31" mud terrains, traction aids, extended breathers and maybe a snorkel. 

I faded off of these trips because donations had lapsed. I'm going to offer a few this spring and if they take off like they have in the past, will most likely continue. (I enjoy these trips but when out of pocket expenses aren't met it is extremely difficult to devote funds and such towards them)

It should be noted that participants in the Overland Challenge Series are welcome on this trip.

Vehicle limit (first come, first served):
1.)Trailfrog
2.)GoBeerNet
3.)sammyt08fj
4.)MOguy
5.)
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 08:23:11 PM by Jayston »

Trailfrog

• View Profile
    • Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club
Re: High Water Mark: April 29th-May 1st
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 01:04:31 PM »
Sign me up! Hope to have my new tires by then.
2008 Jeep JK Unlimited, 3.25" Rough Country lift,  Rocky Road Supersliders, 35" Toyo OC MT's on Black Rock Viper wheels, Rubicon Dana 44 axles with factory e-lockers, 5.13 gears, AEV Tire Carrier, Rugged Ridge Snorkel, Smittybilt front bumper with 10,000lb winch, AEV fuel carrier,and Edgestar fridge

gobeer net

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 08:20:01 PM »
Sign me up.

Edit:  As this is almost my first post, are there any hoops I need to jump through to get on board with this trip?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 09:52:54 PM by gobeer net »
'04 Rubi, 35's, lockers,  winch, home grown cage, sliders, corners, suspension and bumpers.

sammyt08fj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 03:52:26 PM »
I would like to go as well....as this is my first post here.  Last fall I did about 90 miles of this route but love to do the whole thing.
1996 LX450 35's/Tripple Locked/Sliders/Custom Belly Skid/MetalTech Front Bumper/3.5 Inch Lift/1 Inch Body Lift/

MOguy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 07:42:36 PM »
I am up for it.
2001 Wrangler lifted, 34X10.50 Super Swampers, locked, winch, belly up this and that.

Yellow_Jacket

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 06:37:54 AM »
What is the cost on joining this trip?

Trailfrog

• View Profile
    • Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2016, 07:58:27 PM »
What is the cost on joining this trip?
Legally Jayston cannot charge for his services when leading these trips through the Ozark National Forest so there is no cost required to attend. That being said some of us usually try to give Jayston something to help compensate for all the time and money he spends scouting trails and leading these trips but again I want to stress it is NOT required to attend.
2008 Jeep JK Unlimited, 3.25" Rough Country lift,  Rocky Road Supersliders, 35" Toyo OC MT's on Black Rock Viper wheels, Rubicon Dana 44 axles with factory e-lockers, 5.13 gears, AEV Tire Carrier, Rugged Ridge Snorkel, Smittybilt front bumper with 10,000lb winch, AEV fuel carrier,and Edgestar fridge

PcBuilder14

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2016, 07:43:37 PM »
Hmm, a few others and I were planning a similar trip in May.

As badly as I want to do the trip I planned after how much research and time I put in to set it up, I may try to do this instead since the OP has a ton of experience in the area...

Jayston

• Follow Me,
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2016, 03:15:37 PM »
Yep guys, no hoops and no costs! Just plain old fun!

MOguy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2016, 06:49:09 PM »
My boy and I had a great time last year. Looking forward to heading down that way again.
2001 Wrangler lifted, 34X10.50 Super Swampers, locked, winch, belly up this and that.

sammyt08fj

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2016, 04:52:57 PM »
Yep guys, no hoops and no costs! Just plain old fun!

Looking forward to it...serious question though I'll be in my lx450 35's I already extended the breathers how necessary is the snorkel?
1996 LX450 35's/Tripple Locked/Sliders/Custom Belly Skid/MetalTech Front Bumper/3.5 Inch Lift/1 Inch Body Lift/

Jayston

• Follow Me,
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2016, 09:27:32 PM »
We can make it work!

BMFJ

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2016, 08:07:32 PM »
I'm in.

gobeer net

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2016, 10:37:58 PM »
Looking forward to it...serious question though I'll be in my lx450 35's I already extended the breathers how necessary is the snorkel?

Also running extended breathers without snorkel. Snorkel wouldn't last long in my usual wheeling trips.
'04 Rubi, 35's, lockers,  winch, home grown cage, sliders, corners, suspension and bumpers.

stucknks

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2016, 09:49:18 AM »
First post and I would like to go on this as well.

Thanks for putting this together!

Mike
'97 FZJ80, 2 1/2" OME, 315's, Locked, Winch.

anything