Author Topic: ExploreX4 TV Show Update  (Read 1111 times)

jaysonwilko

• View Profile
ExploreX4 TV Show Update
« on: July 14, 2015, 08:32:31 PM »
Those of you who remember the OCT/NOV 2014 Ozarks Overland Rally may remember my crew and me running around with cameras and filming the adventure. My intentions were to submit a sizzle reel in hopes of landing a TV show on the Discovery Channel. We had a sales agent attached and had the support of a Burbank production company. Unfortunately I am sad to report that my idea for a show has been rejected by those in power to make it happen.  And it seems that the production company shopping the show has let it die, in that they are no longer attempting to pitch the show to networks as they have an overload of other projects they are working on. Our attachment agreements for the show are however still binding and I am unable to further develop the material until the terms of the attachment have run out. Which will be late October in 2015. My calls to regain control of the material have gone unanswered and I feel it is best to just "let the clock run out" so to speak and maybe I can attempt to develop the idea after I am free and cleared to do so without breaching the agreements between myself and my associates.

I feel terrible that we may have wasted the time of everyone involved and it's also regrettable that our actions caused the crew we were following to not finish the rally that year. That said, I hope I can be forgiven of that.

On a more happy note. My full time employer recently saw fit to raise my salary to a level that will allow me to afford to purchase a modest off road capable vehicle in the coming months and I hope to be able to participate in future events with the Overland Guild.

In the next few months I am hoping to purchase a used 4Runner. so if anyone has leads on a good 4Runner for sale in the price point of $3500-$5000 or so I would love to hear from you. Of course I will consider other vehicles but being a Camry driver for years I am fond of Toyotas.

Thank you for viewing this thread. And to those who's time I have wasted, I apologize. But I feel that despite all this I have made some excellent friends and I hope to continue those friendships by participating in events.
-Jayson

Razorbackcruiser

• View Profile
Re: ExploreX4 TV Show Update
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 12:06:58 AM »
All you can do is try man.  No worries.  Any chance we can see the footage? 

Will keep my eye out for a 4 runner.  Look forward to seeing you on the trail.

-Dud
1997 Toyota Landcruiser - 3x locked, 4" lift, 315 Toyo MT's, ARB front w/Warn M12000, Ironpig rear w/dual swingouts

jaysonwilko

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 08:38:14 AM »
All you can do is try man.  No worries.  Any chance we can see the footage? 

Will keep my eye out for a 4 runner.  Look forward to seeing you on the trail.

-Dud

I Would love to get you guys the footage but legally I have to wait until the terms run out with the production company to avoid any legal issues. These terms expire at the end of October and after that I regain control of the material and am free to do with it what I please. Of course, taking some inspiration from Clay Croft I may refine the idea and attempt to produce a web based show. But once I have control of my footage I will make it available to any participant who wants it.

Brushogger

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 07:59:29 PM »
Don't give up on your dreams man!   Even if it means modifying them a bit.  We enjoyed hanging with you guys.  It's all good!   See you in the woods.
"I want to be a hero member just like Jayston and Scott!"

Boycott Show Low Arizona, the photo camera speed trap capital of the world!

Whtshos

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 09:44:56 PM »
Link sent via mail.
Being a kid again is fun!!

JeepEng

• I bleed Jeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2015, 08:15:57 AM »
Hey sir , got that footage gathered up yet ? I'd love to see more of your handy work !!! Hope that new rig is coming along nicely !!
Stay back , see it all !!!

anything