Author Topic: 87 Suzuki Samurai, well built in Odessa MO. $7000.00 OBO  (Read 656 times)

ASI H8

• View Profile
87 Suzuki Samurai, well built in Odessa MO. $7000.00 OBO
« on: March 24, 2015, 02:54:32 PM »
I am a motivated seller asking $7,000 $6000.00 OBO. I'm posting this in a number of places; Tulsa OK, Kansas City and Springfield MO, Fayette and Fort Smith AR, Wichita KS, because I'll have it at Disney OK for Big Meat Run, 26 through 29 March 2015. I'd like to sell it at Disney so I don't have to haul it home. My wife would love to see me come home with an empty trailer. I would not consider this a daily driver, at all. Maybe the type of rig you'd take to work when the roads suck due to snow and ice. But not a daily driver.
Clean and clear Missouri title in hand.
Engine -- 1.6, 16v from Geo Tracker. Engine has around 85k miles on it
Clutch -- I got the clutch from Trail Tough. Replaced clutch package along with throw out bearing during the engine swap. Extra stock clutch thrown in.
Transmission -- Stock 1987 Suzuki Samurai
Transfer case -- Trail Gear 6.5 gear set, updated front output gear. I used a full rebuild when I installed the gears. T-Case is in a Zuks Off Road 17/14 bolt SUPER Snatch t-case cradle. I also purchased and installed Zuks Off Road Panty Liner (ZOR and their names for stuff).
Axle, Front -- 1978 Toyota Land Cruiser (Fine Spline) with Aussie locker. I did a knuckle rebuild on the front axle before installing it. Front axle has stock disk brakes. I took the breaks apart, cleaned them up before I put the axle back together. I also used an improve inner axle seal. I deleted the dust cover.
Axle, Rear -- 1978 Toyota Land Cruiser (Fine Spline) with Aussie Locker. The rear axle has drum brakes.
Steering -- Tracker/Sidekick power steering pump feeding a Toyota IFS Gear Box. Pitman arm is from Marlin Crawler drilled for an FJ80 tie rod end. 44labs Frombi Steering arms are over the top of the springs. 44labs Frombe Steer -- High Crossover Steering System is ready for hydro assist.
Lift - SPOA Suspension with Front and Rear Missing Links from Trail Tough with "Bonz-Eye" YJ Springs on all 4 corners. Front shocks are FOX 2.0, rear are CALMINI shocks, 18mm shafts, polyurethane bushings, twin tube hydraulic design.
Tires/Wheels -- 35" x 12.5" r15 BFG AT on American Racing aluminum wheels, 15" x 10", 6 lug on 5.5" center, 3" backspacing
Body -- Interior is lined. It does have a rear seat in great shape. Passenger seat is in better than average condition, Driver seat does have a tear in it. All Gauges work. Dash lights do not work for some reason. I think a ground wire is loose or off. Radio does work, CD player eats CDs. It does have 4 speakers.
Body -- Exterior. I consider it in good shape. It has been off road so there are pen stripes, small dents and scratches on it. There is rust below the fuel cap on passenger side and small rust bubbles are starting on top of the tub, at the corners, below the windshield. A couple of the fender flares have come off. I think I still have them somewhere. Doors are removable. Window cranks are broke. I have one crank handle from a Chevy (S-10 I think) that I use.
Full Soft top, black, in good shape.
If you don't like this price, give me a call. Let's talk. It's easy to justify the asking price, but at the end of the day, it comes down to an agreement between two people. I have to sell this toy. It kills me to sell it.
I'd prefer to use phone as a means of communications. I'm open to trades but I'm very picky. I'd consider a built Toyota, preferably FJ40, FJ80 or locking/geared axles, armor, winch, roof top tent, for FJ80.
Six six O two three to four too five O
j r e ll m a k e r AT ya hoo dot you know the rest
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 01:55:51 PM by ASI H8 »

ASI H8

• View Profile
Re: 87 Suzuki Samurai, well built in Odessa MO. $7000.00 OBO
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 01:53:45 PM »
Bump and price drop to $6000.00.

anything