Author Topic: Redoing the "High Water Mark" Trail.  (Read 5997 times)

ludeykrus

• View Profile
Re: Redoing the "High Water Mark" Trail.
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2016, 07:48:14 AM »
If available, I'd love if someone would PM it to me as well. Didn't hear back from Jayston, and I've got a new rig I want to take out for a stroll ;)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 07:50:00 AM by ludeykrus »

tchughes

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2016, 10:21:28 PM »
I would be interested in this as well, PM'd but never heard back.

Vandy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2016, 04:41:43 PM »
If available, I'd love if someone would PM it to me as well. Didn't hear back from Jayston, and I've got a new rig I want to take out for a stroll ;)

Thread with pics and info on said new rig or it doesn't exsist..... >:(

ludeykrus

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2016, 01:11:42 PM »

Thread with pics and info on said new rig or it doesn't exsist..... >:(

Haha, I may have to try to toss something up today or tomorrow :-) see if I can get some pics since the snow is melting off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jayston

• Follow Me,
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2016, 08:18:10 PM »
Follow this link - http://caltopo.com/m/7C28

Texas Lexus

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2016, 11:47:37 PM »

I followed the link. It looks to be a 2 to 2.5 day trip. Is there a longer version that would be a good 3.5 to 4 day trip? Looking to do this the middle of April. Thanks!
1997 Texas Lexus LX450 w/some mods

forunnin

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2016, 07:58:26 AM »

I followed the link. It looks to be a 2 to 2.5 day trip. Is there a longer version that would be a good 3.5 to 4 day trip? Looking to do this the middle of April. Thanks!

See "previous routes" thread and combine a couple of those routes to create a longer trip!

Texploration

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2016, 10:31:20 PM »

Just got around to grabbing this. Thank you!!

sammyt08fj

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2016, 07:53:01 AM »

Thank you for the link.  I'm looking forward to our April adventure.  I'm almost done with all my maitnance on my rig....now the decision to make a snorkel hole or not..... :D
1996 LX450 35's/Tripple Locked/Sliders/Custom Belly Skid/MetalTech Front Bumper/3.5 Inch Lift/1 Inch Body Lift/

Bobert

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2016, 09:51:23 AM »
Jayston,
Our Club, "East Texas Jeep Club" ran your HWM Redo track this past weekend and had a great time. Thank you for the invaluable trail information. We did however encounter a few issues with the map you posted. I write this with all due respect and with the hope to help others enjoy this incredible trip. There are two tracks on your map we could not find. We traveled North to South. The first deviation was at the power lines. We did, however find a route that followed fairly close, but not exactly your map. The second, we could not find a Jeepable track between Bench Rd. and Lindsey Rd that followed close to your track. We ended up back tracking to NFM 1301 and followed your original track to the intersection of 1301 and White Oak Mountain Rd. In the two attached images your tracks are in Yellow and our tracks are in Red. (Edit: unable to upload images)
With Many Thanks,
Bobert

« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 02:47:23 PM by Bobert »

Jayston

• Follow Me,
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2016, 10:09:16 AM »
Bobert,

That track between Bench Rd. and Lindsey Rd. is difficult to follow and the posted route line may be off. It has been two or more years since I have traveled it but the exit onto Lindsey road was 100% traveled last time I was through there. I have considered taking that section off and most likely will since you had issues with it.  What do you define as Jeepable?

As for the power lines, I'm a little lost on what you mean. I'm thinking you mean Wootin Rd to N. Fork, in which case, yes, I can see that being a little off. I made most of the route by hand from memory, so it does not surprise me if it is. It is a fairly well traveled area so we lucked out on that one. 

Email me the images if you like - jayston@overlandchallengeseries.com

Bobert

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2016, 03:16:48 PM »
Jayston,
Attached please find the two images I was hoping to post, plus our track data. Jeepable Trees far enough part to allow a Jeep to past through. We did find two ATV trails near your track on Bench Rd., the first was to narrow to negotiate and at the other we meet some ATVers that said they had a difficult time getting up from the creek to Bench Rd, because of the narrowness. Now with hindsight we should have continued on Bench Rd., because the Forest Service map shows a connection to Lindsey Rd. However, it was late and some in our group were ready to go home.
Bobert
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 05:50:38 PM by Bobert »

sammyt08fj

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2016, 04:22:44 PM »
Jayston since I'll be doing this route in June do you a pic of the section of the map where the power line section is. I'm assuming from the videos it is little more challenging.
1996 LX450 35's/Tripple Locked/Sliders/Custom Belly Skid/MetalTech Front Bumper/3.5 Inch Lift/1 Inch Body Lift/

anything