Author Topic: Your rigs' vitals  (Read 816 times)

Slaw ninja

• Not all who wander are lost.
    • View Profile
Your rigs' vitals
« on: December 26, 2014, 05:37:33 PM »
I'm overlanding in an 09 JK Rubi, and other than my speedometer, rpm, and fuel gauge, I don't have too much other pertinent data being fed to me.

What setups, both stock and aftermarket, are you all using to read your rigs' vital signs...ie oil temp, trans temp, etc?

Attach some images, or recommend some plugins you all are using.
"Where we're going, we don't need roads." -Doc Brown, 1985

2009 JK Rubicon Unlimited

foo.c

• View Profile
Re: Your rigs' vitals
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 05:55:56 PM »
I run this http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/ it hooks up to the OBDII port. It can display 8 values per page and has 3 pages that it scrolls through (I think the newer ones have more). Any standard OBDII parameter can be displayed, but trans temp is not standard. On some vehicles they have added the ability to display that, but I think it's only certain GM trans. (I have a manual trans so it's not an issue.)

The only thing I really pay attention to off road is the water temp and battery voltage.

You most likely will have add senders for oil and trans temp and get some gauges.

Kole

• Route Accesible
  • OOR14 Team: Mud Sweat and Beers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 04:08:15 PM »
Ditto on the Ultra Gauge. I've got the same one. My only gripe is the lack of Trans temp. It's not a standard feature for most OBDII's to display. If you get a scangauge II you can do some basic coding on your computer and get it to read trans temp. Otherwise you'll have to do an old fashioned sender and stand alone temp gauge. Which is probably in my near future.

Hope you're doing well man!
-Kole
2003 Tacoma
OOR14 Team: Mud Sweat and Beers

Brushogger

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 04:28:18 PM »

Ditto on the Ultra Gauge. I've got the same one. My only gripe is the lack of Trans temp. It's not a standard feature for most OBDII's to display. If you get a scangauge II you can do some basic coding on your computer and get it to read trans temp. Otherwise you'll have to do an old fashioned sender and stand alone temp gauge. Which is probably in my near future.

Hope you're doing well man!
I have a scangauge in the FJ.  I was able to get the specs online and program a trans temp gauge on it.   Didn't require a computer.
"I want to be a hero member just like Jayston and Scott!"

Boycott Show Low Arizona, the photo camera speed trap capital of the world!

Jayston

• Follow Me,
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 01:45:32 PM »
I used a Bluetooth obd2 adapter and torque for android. I have far more info than I need. I mainly use it for code reading and transmission temperature.

anything