Author Topic: When rubber meets the dirt.  (Read 6568 times)

Vandy

• View Profile
Re: When rubber meets the dirt.
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2016, 01:11:09 AM »
I ran the Dick Cepecks on my k5.  Mainly on road and a little dry dirt.  I didn't have them long enough to talk about wear, but they had good road manners.

I think I've got the wife talked into letting me swap her mall crawler "look at me" tires for a better set.  Currently she has a set of Amp terrain grapplers in a 305/55/20 on her 4runner.  They look nice but they are LOUD, and walk all over the road.  We have also gotten. A bit of Wheel shake lately.  I've never seen so many balancing weights on a wheel before, as these take.  A buddy of mine is a parts distributer, he was given a set of these to try out.  He lost his mind when he saw I had a set.  Apparently we wasnt very impressed.

That said I'm going to go a bit smaller.  She will be 99% on the road (unless this 2 day trip in august goes good, fingers crossed).  I haven't seen any mention of nitto's yet.  Curious what your thoughts are?  I've ran the terra grapplers and trail grapplers.  The trails were on my ram.  I was pretty impressed with the street manners, but the terra grapplers did me right all around on an h2.

EJ

• View Profile
Re: When rubber meets the dirt.
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2016, 10:16:56 AM »
Well I rolled the dice on the Dick Cepek Extreme Country's in 255 85/16. I'll report back once they come in.   
2005 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4x4 Crew Cab: Full OME suspension, 32" Kenda MT's, ARB bullbar bumper, P&P rock sliders, snorkel, softopper .

anything