Author Topic: Previous Routes  (Read 8970 times)

nfbeckman

• View Profile
Re: Previous Routes
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2015, 08:55:05 AM »
Great video. This is the map Im refering to right that runs east to west along I-40?

forunnin

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2015, 09:07:52 AM »
Great video. This is the map Im refering to right that runs east to west along I-40?

This is the route we ran, which follows the "hwm13" track.  We only made it through about 80 of the 140 miles of the full track.

simpleman909

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2015, 09:31:39 PM »
I'd  like to try some of these one day.

You better watch where you're going and remember where you been.

Jnev1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2015, 08:06:01 PM »
Thank you for sharing.  I would be honored to participate in a trip that you lead through some of the unshared territory.  As always, tread lightly.
94' XJ, 05' TJ, 95' XJ,

ASI H8

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2015, 07:29:49 PM »
Jayston and Crew,
I got the maps downloaded.  forunnin directed me to them.  Thank You to Jayston and forunnin!

When it come to digital maps, I'm lost in the sauce.  I guess I'm an old school, hard copy, topo with compass guy.  ARMY kinda engrained that into me.  How or what can I use the digital maps with?  Junk I have available:  Graman Rino 120.  Yes, older technology I picked up before I went down range, Oct 2004.  The wife does have a Kendal Fire that is a couple years old.  I'm sure the second is the better of the two.

Jayston

• Follow Me,
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2015, 07:31:39 PM »
My strongest recommendation is to download backcountry navigator on the Kindle and get a gps puck to attach to it.

ASI H8

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2015, 07:42:00 PM »
The Kendal would be a much larger view than a phone but it looks like backcountry navigator is also available for phone (Android) use also?

Jayston

• Follow Me,
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2015, 07:42:40 PM »
Yep, I use my phone and tablet for both. The phone does good but the screen isn't as user friendly.

Jnev1

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2015, 08:41:33 PM »
How does this program compare to  Viewranger?
94' XJ, 05' TJ, 95' XJ,

Jayston

• Follow Me,
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2015, 08:47:11 PM »

This program works so well that I haven't taken the time to try anything else!

In all seriousness, for 90% of my travel I have never had to touch another program. I like small, lightweight and simple applications that never create an issue. I guess, in a sense... reliability. BCNAV has been nothing but flawless.

Jayston

• Follow Me,
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2015, 08:48:41 PM »
For that other 10% I used an atlas or paper map.

ASI H8

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2015, 06:15:39 AM »
So there are two versions of BCNAV; Free and $11.99.  I didn't see or notices differences between the two.  I'm also not a digital map kind of guy.  Is the $11.99 version  worth it?

Jayston

• Follow Me,
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2015, 06:16:20 AM »
I believe so, when I bought it 5 years ago it was only 3.99!

codertimt

• Person who does computery stuff.
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2015, 08:52:50 AM »
So there are two versions of BCNAV; Free and $11.99.  I didn't see or notices differences between the two.  I'm also not a digital map kind of guy.  Is the $11.99 version  worth it?

Free version is 21 day demo...$12 is getting a little steep for an app, I've also had it for awhile and didn't pay that much...I'm not sure if I would shell out that much at this point...although it does do pretty much everything I want...

arveetek

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2015, 12:18:35 PM »

Free version is 21 day demo...$12 is getting a little steep for an app, I've also had it for awhile and didn't pay that much...I'm not sure if I would shell out that much at this point...although it does do pretty much everything I want...

I have the "free trial" version on my phone.  Downloaded it last September, and it's still working.  I'm running it on my Android Galaxy Rugby Pro, and other than the smallish screen, have been pretty happy with it overall.  I keep thinking I need to pay for the full version, but it just keeps on working....

Casey
1995 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbo diesel, 4L80E auto, NV241, 3.42's, Eaton ADL in rear, 285/75R16 BFG TA K02's on Toyota steelies, Roadmaster Active Suspension in rear, 1" crank in front, Westin brush guard