Author Topic: Previous Routes  (Read 8250 times)

Jayston

• Follow Me,
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Previous Routes
« on: May 28, 2014, 07:48:51 PM »
Well - I have finally given up on my quest to hide all my routes. I hid them because people were abusing my knowledge, but it seems that I can't rid the world of the problem... So I might as well be acknowledged for my hard work behind the routes being abused...

I have a few requirements...

Practice leave no trace and tread lightly. Do not drink and drive.

The first time someone claims its their own creation, such as some are with the fake Ozark Overland Trail,I will probably take them down.

If, at anytime, I find that the routes are being used for 'expedition companies' to lead trips on they will be removed.

People think I am trying to stop them from using the National Forest - Contrary.... I am trying to get people to use it responsibly. As for "You don't own that trail", the answer is no... I don't. But I could point to every tree I've (allegedly) cleared from it, every social trail I've blocked, and every ounce of fuel, work, and sweat that went into making the route. A route I didn't give out for a reason. They are my creation, and thus my babies. Make sense? So... Go use the Ozark National Forest, go have fun on the routes... But... Treat them with respect.

And I'm not ready to give out the real, 424 mile long Ozark Overland Trail O:-)
And yes, I'll still ask you not to record that one...

By clicking the link below and downloading you are agreeing to:
Not use the route for commercial means.
Not abuse the route.
Not hold Overland Guild or its associates liable for anything and everything.

10 Ozark Routes of various nature for Google Earth...
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cqgzwz3ugqwhv2d/AAA8F0r12WW470SKM2vLKGbya
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 10:20:43 AM by Jayston »

foo.c

• View Profile
Re: Previous Routes
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 08:00:26 PM »
Downloaded.

Jayston, thanks for your hard work. Sadly, I'll probably never get to even go on these trails, but if I do I will respect the trails and your commitment.

The BN Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 09:15:13 AM »
I picked up a few routes. Thanks!  If you ever need some routes (mostly short but should be decent) in the Hill Country of Texas let me know. 

Thanks!
Patrick

faredo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 10:17:21 AM »
Thank you Jayston.
I hereby swear to uphold the Leave No Trace / Tread Lightly code, and to use the given information in the manor requested by its creator Jayston.

Slaw ninja

• Not all who wander are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 09:59:11 PM »
Wow. Thx. When you wanna go?
"Where we're going, we don't need roads." -Doc Brown, 1985

2009 JK Rubicon Unlimited

W00K

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 10:08:27 PM »
Thank you Jayston.  These will be used with the respect you intended.
Team: Truck Dynasty

arveetek

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 07:44:02 PM »
Thanks for all your hard work, Jayston.  It is much appreciated.

Because of you, I have improved the way I view our surroundings.  I led a camping trip last weekend for the youth group at church, and during that trip, I tried to pass on a few ideas from Leave no Trace and Tread Lightly.  In fact, at next year's youth camping trip, I plan on teaching a class with those principles at the fore front.

Casey
1995 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbo diesel, 4L80E auto, NV241, 3.42's, Eaton ADL in rear, 285/75R16 BFG TA K02's on Toyota steelies, Roadmaster Active Suspension in rear, 1" crank in front, Westin brush guard

Brushogger

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2014, 12:00:41 AM »
Thank you Jayston.  I know you have put a great deal of work into these.  When it's time to do some maintenance on them let me know. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"I want to be a hero member just like Jayston and Scott!"

Boycott Show Low Arizona, the photo camera speed trap capital of the world!

forunnin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2014, 11:16:47 AM »
Jayston,  THANK YOU!!!  My group of offroad/overlanding buddies and I are not at all familiar with Arkansas but after seeing some of your videos and photos we have been dying to do a trip in the Ozark National Forest.  We can not thank you enough for providing this information and creating these routes.  Your hard work is much appreciated and will absolutely be respected and credited.  Our group strongly enforces Leave No Trace/Tread Lightly on all of our trips and we will, as always, make sure we leave the Ozark National Forest in a better state than we find it.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 11:45:22 AM by forunnin »

sluff28

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2014, 02:47:59 PM »
what a great collection i will be doing my best to get out once or twice this year. thank you Jayston for your hard work putting these together.

Username

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2014, 07:51:21 PM »
What program are you using to download the directions?

Jayston

• Follow Me,
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2014, 08:23:49 PM »
Most were made/viewed in google earth.

nfbeckman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2015, 02:40:01 PM »
I'm in the process of planning an expo run for some friends and I and we are looking to try a new route rather than the same one we have been running for years now that starts at felkins rd and granny gap 1 and heads north thru big piney, Richland creek on to woolum.
We are looking for maybe some more technical spots mixed with good views and areas for camping allong the route. The hwm13 route looks interesting to me and I'd like a litte input from those that have run it. Scenerie, technical sections, recommended stopping points to camp and split the trip up into two days. I guess we would need to run this trail from east to west. Can someone summarize what this route has to offer?

nfbeckman

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2015, 08:15:59 PM »
Water route 13 is the route I'm referring to

forunnin

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2015, 08:29:13 AM »
I'm in the process of planning an expo run for some friends and I and we are looking to try a new route rather than the same one we have been running for years now that starts at felkins rd and granny gap 1 and heads north thru big piney, Richland creek on to woolum.
We are looking for maybe some more technical spots mixed with good views and areas for camping allong the route. The hwm13 route looks interesting to me and I'd like a litte input from those that have run it. Scenerie, technical sections, recommended stopping points to camp and split the trip up into two days. I guess we would need to run this trail from east to west. Can someone summarize what this route has to offer?

I'll have a trip report up later today, hopefully, but this video will show you most of the highlights of the hwm13 route!  Again, many thanks to Jayston for providing us with this route!  We had a blast!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6BjeSlpQGw&hd=1