Author Topic: Tent Heaters  (Read 2734 times)

faredo

• View Profile
Tent Heaters
« on: March 24, 2014, 09:52:42 AM »
Im absolutely terrified of these things, nothing can ruin a good trip like never waking up.
BUT now we have the wife on this trip and her freezing point is somewhere in the low 70's . Mr Buddy advertises a safe heater for tents with a low oxygen shutoff. anyone have experience with this heater? https://www.mrheater.com/product.aspx?catid=41&id=338

faredo

• View Profile
Re: Tent Heaters
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 12:07:26 PM »
forget it, too scared. think ill get her a sub-zero sleeping bag instead.

Trailfrog

• View Profile
    • Christian Crawlers 4x4 Club
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 12:38:39 PM »
forget it, too scared. think ill get her a sub-zero sleeping bag instead.

Good call!
2008 Jeep JK Unlimited, 3.25" Rough Country lift,  Rocky Road Supersliders, 35" Toyo OC MT's on Black Rock Viper wheels, Rubicon Dana 44 axles with factory e-lockers, 5.13 gears, AEV Tire Carrier, Rugged Ridge Snorkel, Smittybilt front bumper with 10,000lb winch, AEV fuel carrier,and Edgestar fridge

arveetek

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 03:12:59 PM »
I use the tent heater to warm up the tent while getting ready for bed, and then I shut it off.

Then I use it warm things up in the morning while getting dressed.  It's just too small of an area for me to feel comfortable with it running all night.  Besides, even on the lowest setting, it still gets pretty warm.

Getting up in the cold is the worst part anyway!  :D  Once you're tucked into a good sleeping bag, it doesn't really matter how cold it gets during the night.

Casey
1995 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbo diesel, 4L80E auto, NV241, 3.42's, Eaton ADL in rear, 285/75R16 BFG TA K02's on Toyota steelies, Roadmaster Active Suspension in rear, 1" crank in front, Westin brush guard

faredo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 01:29:57 PM »
ya mornings are by far the worst. depending on the weather ill normally keep my cloths for the next day in the sleeping bag with me or under it.

El Robot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 01:48:34 PM »
I too fear interior heaters. I have on the other hand bought a handful of the hand warmer packs on sale, cracked em open and laid them underneath! Just kind of a "kick starter" until my body can really warm up the bag.
"Many Bothans died to bring us this information"

2004 Xterra. It's got mods.

JeepEng

• I bleed Jeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 01:29:09 AM »
I'll be bringing my Mr. Buddy !! I'll prob use it like Casey recommended

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stay back , see it all !!!

JeepEng

• I bleed Jeep
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 01:09:04 AM »
Utilized the tent heater over the weekend !!  And gotta say I loved it !!  My method of use was to utilize the vestibule of my tent to put the heater in. Warmed the tent , then shut it off and left it in the vestibule. Woke up the next morning warm in the sleeping bag & cold in the tent. So I unzipped the tent and cranked up the heater .  Within seconds the tent was warm and comfortable !!!   Glad I brought it along !!
Stay back , see it all !!!

faredo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 08:26:25 AM »
I would feel safe using your procedure. those mornings can get uncomfortable if you're in a hurry.

Old Sarge

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 05:24:54 PM »
I've used mine several times and leave it running all night. I'm a candy ass when it comes to the cold and that's how I know the 1# tank is empty. It got cold inside and I woke up and changed the bottle. Its nevered bothed the big dog either. When he gets cold he would climb in the cot with me. Boy if that didn't go over the the weight limit of the cot!  It has a tip over switch also. I trust it fully! But now with the camper its no longer an issue!

Jayston

• Follow Me,
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2014, 05:14:59 PM »
Getting to the point we may start investing in tent A/C!

Wheelrr

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2014, 03:52:24 AM »
Tent a/c cool I need one

faredo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2014, 09:38:45 AM »
I have a tent fan that can run more than 72 hours. drop a frozen milk jug of water in this and HAZAA!

jeeps4fun

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2014, 10:41:23 AM »
What's it powered by to run that long?

Jayston

• Follow Me,
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2014, 10:46:06 AM »
electricity