Author Topic: Homemade Rock Sliders  (Read 4987 times)

tchughes

• View Profile
Re: Homemade Rock Sliders
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2015, 07:29:14 PM »
Hey Casey,

Curious if you were able to get these mounted and what you think of the design. I'm wanting something similar for my 4Runner and curious if your satisfied.

arveetek

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2015, 08:25:09 AM »
Hey Casey,

Curious if you were able to get these mounted and what you think of the design. I'm wanting something similar for my 4Runner and curious if your satisfied.

Life has gotten in the way, and I haven't made any further progress since the last pictures.   :(  The passenger side rail is finished and ready to be installed, but I haven't started the driver's side yet.

I wouldn't mind adding some tubing to the sides, to stick out from the rockers further.  I'm confident the current design will protect great from rocks coming straight up, but if the vehicle is leaning at any sort of an angle, I still feel I might be vulnerable to lower door damage.  It just depends on the types of trails I'll find myself on!

Casey
1995 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbo diesel, 4L80E auto, NV241, 3.42's, Eaton ADL in rear, 285/75R16 BFG TA K02's on Toyota steelies, Roadmaster Active Suspension in rear, 1" crank in front, Westin brush guard

tchughes

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2015, 10:01:22 PM »
Thanks for the update. I tend to stay away from rocks that might damage my Runner but a couple weeks ago I ran into a trail that made me think more about the sliders.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

arveetek

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2015, 08:31:20 AM »
Thanks for the update. I tend to stay away from rocks that might damage my Runner but a couple weeks ago I ran into a trail that made me think more about the sliders.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, you can plan all you want, but those rocks have a sneaky tendency to jump out into the trails when you least expect it!!   ;)

Casey
1995 Chevy Tahoe 2 door, 6.5L turbo diesel, 4L80E auto, NV241, 3.42's, Eaton ADL in rear, 285/75R16 BFG TA K02's on Toyota steelies, Roadmaster Active Suspension in rear, 1" crank in front, Westin brush guard