Author Topic: Belts - Out With The Old… In With The New  (Read 850 times)

DblD

• View Profile
Belts - Out With The Old… In With The New
« on: February 08, 2014, 01:40:25 PM »
A belt seems like an odd thing to be so attached to.  However I’ve had this old belt for 25 years plus.  I’ve got pictures as a college freshman with a 2 D cell maglite strapped to this belt.  Picture is dated 10/22/1988.  Over the years I have tried to replace this thick piece of leather; it’s been thru two buckles and had holes added in each end as my gut has expanded and contracted. 

I’ve finally found a suitable replacement.  The new belt comes from Clayton Bowman of Bowman Belt Co.  It’s a double thickness belt with Kydex stitched between the layers of leather.  I found other similar conceal-carry belts on any number of websites for $80.00 plus and as long as 4 week waiting period.  I ordered this belt from Clayton on a Sunday afternoon and meet him to pick it up 4 days later.  Total for belt, added Kydex stiffener and different buckle, was just over $60.00.  Clayton has an Etsy Store where he sells his leather merchandise.  Build quality is fantastic, Clayton was great to work with, and he’s local (Fair Grove, MO).  Here’s a link to his online store.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/BowmanBeltCo

dd

Ardavis

• View Profile
Re: Belts - Out With The Old… In With The New
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 03:31:56 PM »
I bought one of these http://www.amazon.com/Chance-Heavy-Belt-Large-Rescue-Essentials/dp/B003IGD36Q

I have a nickel allergy so I always need an aluminum or brass belt buckle which can be hard to find. I still wear my leather belt some but I like this Bison because of the adjustably. It helps when I'm carrying, I can synch it down and it keeps my glock in place very well.

That is a nice belt though, I may need to order one. I do prefer the look of a leather belt over a nylon belt.

Jayston

• Follow Me,
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 08:46:44 PM »
I wear a theis "jake belt". Its pretty awesome, had it two years and its still providing support for my ruger.

foo.c

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 06:38:29 AM »
I've been using a wilderness instructor belt for a couple of years. I like the adjustability over a regular belt.

I got the added stiffener and have had no problem with IWB or OWB carry. Use it for IDPA matches too.

El Robot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 01:54:31 PM »
I've been needing a new belt, so I'll give these a look! I'm always about supporting small businesses!
"Many Bothans died to bring us this information"

2004 Xterra. It's got mods.

anything